‘Summertime, and the livin’ is easy…”
~ George Gershwin.
It’s flip flop season, along with it’s lighter evenings, warming sun, blue skies and a laid back feel there are so many reasons to include a child and family photography session this Season – here’s just a few …
1. George is right, the living’ is easy. Well, easier. Without term time commitments, the slower pace just makes everything feel more relaxed. Meaning awesome sunsets are feasible even for little ones – allow them to enjoy a special treat and stay up a little later than bedtime, they’ll be so excited! And you’ll have some beautiful images which will last long after Summer has faded.
2. The scenery in Summer is simply spectacular. Think wildflower meadows, Lavender or Sunflower fields. Billowing long grasses, and beach sunsets. Everything looks so beautiful in that soft Summer light. You really are spoilt for choice.
3. The warmer weather tends to be more predictable and just feels sooooo good! All that healthy fresh air and sunshine brings out your natural glow effortlessly.
4. Look cool in the heat with light and airy clothing. Think cotton, linen or floaty fabrics which will also catch the Summer breeze and add movement to your images. Floaty maxi dresses look amazing and linen rompers for babies and toddlers are just too cute! Colourwise, pretty much anything goes – it’s more about complimenting your location choice and the look you are seeking to achieve in your images. For inspiration take a look at my Summer Inspiration Pinterest Board.
5. Soak up that precious family time. During the Summer rumour has it that university students sometimes venture home. Once the washing is done why not include them in a shoot, especially as you’re not with them for photographs as much as you used to be. And, if you have extended family visiting over the Summer, what better time is this to update your family pictures than when everyone is together?
6. Fun! There’s something so ‘free’ about the Summer. Everyone has so much energy it’s inevitable that we’ll have fun exploring and playing, maybe even cooling off in a stream or the sea too.
If you’re looking to create some Summer memories of
fun, sunshine filled days I’d love to hear from you. I’ve had an earlier holiday this year and am around for the whole of August. So the good news is I currently have a limited number of Summer sessions available.
For more details and to book simply get in touch.
Moira is a Southsea photographer who works throughout Hampshire and the UK. She specialises in children and families and is a member of the British Association of Professional Child Photographers.