PREPARING FOR YOUR ORCHARD PHOTOGRAPHY MINI SESSION
Big Families – it really isn’t possible to photograph larger families in the time available, which is why these sessions are limited to 3 siblings. If you do want one family shot during the session this can be accommodated just let me know in advance as it will impact the number of images you’ll receive as part of this package. If you like the idea of a variety of individual, sibling and family shots one of my full sessions would be ideal for you.
Location Access – The orchard is located just a short walk along a flat path directly from the car park. However, the ground can be uneven and possibly muddy at times so if mobility is a concern the orchard can still be used as a beautiful backdrop, although a full session may be more suitable to allow extra time to access the orchard..
Time and Temperament – Mini sessions can be ideal for children who have shorter attention spans than us adults. Most children are eager to get started and I do my best to make them feel comfortable and to ensure we have a fun time. However, if you feel your child takes a little longer to warm up and, as we are limited to 30 minutes, you might want to consider a full session.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the orchard?
Blackmoor | Liss
Hampshire | GU33 6BS
Follow A3(M) and A3 to Longmoor Rd in Hampshire. Take the A325 exit from A3. Take A325 and Blackmoor Rd to your destination.
As the mini sessions coincide with the Family Apple Picking Day additional signage will be visible from the road.
For further details visit the Estate Website: http://www.blackmoorestate.co.uk
How can I make a full day of our trip?
For details visit their website
Feeling active? Nothing better than a countryside walk and there’s a lovely ‘Zig-Zag’ 3.5m circular walk around Selbourne with some stunning views incorporating the magnificent beech woods and flower meadows . Maybe walk off that pub lunch or take a picnic and enjoy the views from the ancient Selbourne common. Find time for the simple things, a paddle in the river, collect some stones and maybe find a broken bird egg or fossil.
Details can be found here
Feeling nostalgic? Wear the kids out with an afternoon at Hollycombe and soak up the atmosphere of the traditional fairground, take a ride on the steam railway, or wandering through the woodland gardens, there’s something for all ages and it’s just 11 miles from the orchard. (Closed until Easter).
Details can be found here
When should we arrive?
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please note that sessions cancelled less than 72 hours in advance are non-refundable as it is unlikely your slot will be filled at short notice.
- In the event of bad weather an alternative session will be offered, if you are unable to attend a full refund will be provided.
- In the event of the photographer having to cancel an alternative session will be offered, if possible in the orchard or another Autumn location. A full refund will be offered if this is not suitable for you.
What COVID-19 precautions are being taken/do we need to take?
- The orchard has put guidelines in place to keep everyone safe whilst on site:
Please read all the signs on arrival and follow them.
Do not attend if you or your household has symptoms.
Follow all government guidelines with social distancing.
At present I am closely monitoring the daily changing Government guidelines and following their instructions accordingly.I’m also doing as much as possible to prevent the spread of this virus with some sensible initiatives. I’m asking all my clients to:
I am also taking the following precautions:
- Wash/sanitise your hands prior to your session.
- Please contact me to reschedule your session if you have any symptoms (cough, high temperature and feel unwell) or have been in contact with someone with the virus.If you are not feeling great please contact me as soon as possible. I know it’s disappointing but our health is what is most important.
- Prior to each session I will clean and sanitise my photography equipment and props.
- I always extend a warm welcome on meeting my clients, but for the time being this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact. It doesn’t mean I like you any less!!!
- Posing for photographs may take a little longer as wherever possible I’ll use verbal cues and demonstrate rather than physically move you. I may also need to direct parents to help position their children to avoid touching where possible.
- I will maintain my distance but will not be wearing a mask. We are outdoors with plenty of fresh air and wearing a mask tends to inhibit my ability to communicate effectively with you to direct you with posting etc. It’s not ideal but if you’d prefer me to wear one then please ask.
On the morning of your session you’ll receive an ‘Acceptance of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19’ link, please complete and return this prior to arriving at your session.
What should we wear?
For girls: If you like tutu’s I can obtain these, just let know sizing and I’ll bring them along. These look great teamed with wellies or cowboy boots and denim jackets. Dresses and layers work beautifully too, as do dungarees and jeans.
For Boys: Denim, a simple shirt with the addition of braces and a cool trilby or cap is a classic and timeless look, or if you’re opting for something more hip I recommend checking out the latest Zara and Boden catalogues.
My favourites: Boden | Zara | Wild and Gorgeous | Next | Mothercare Little Bird