PREPARING FOR YOUR HEADSHOT MINI PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
To help you get the most from your headshot mini session, here’s some information, links and preparation tips which I hope you’ll find useful. If you haven’t done it yet don’t forget to download your free guide with 5 tips to make the most of your mini photography session. So, grab a coffee and have a browse and if there’s anything else you want to ask, feel free to get in touch.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
Session duration – These sessions are short and sweet with just enough time to create a gallery with enough choice for you to enjoy a handful of fresh images. If you are looking for something totally customised with a wider variety of images you’ll find my personal branding sessions would be a better fit. Enjoy an experience which features locations aligned to your brand, time for outfit changes, more images for you to select from and which provide a comprehensive library of images telling the story of you and your brand.
Location Access – The Chichester Harbour Hotel is located just a short walk from the Festival Theatre car park. Please factor in time to park, pay and to walk to the hotel.
COVID-19 Guarantee – Life is a bit fluid right now isn’t it? So in the event that your photography session can’t go ahead either due to Covid-19 precautions restricting access to the venue you’ll be offered a FULL REFUND or upgrade to an extended session.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where will the sessions be held?
Chichester Harbour Hotel
North Street, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1NH
Parking | There is plenty of parking at the Chichester Festival Theatre carpark which is just a short walk from the hotel.
The hotel offers a good range of backdrops to feature in your images and weather permitting, we can include a few images in priory park if you’d like.
I will send you a questionnaire prior to the shoot to learn more about you, your business and what you want from your photos. I’ll then select the right backdrops and lighting for you
I’ll meet you in the foyer on arrival. If you do happen to arrive early please advise the receptionist you are attending the headshot sessions. Due to Covid-19 you’ll need to wait to be directed as to where you can wait by the hotel staff.
What can I expect?
Once you book you’ll receive a short questionnaire so that I can find out more about you and your business or career. You’ll also receive my guide with top confidence boosting tips and a link on how to prepare for your session.
During the 30 minute session we’ll move to a few different locations to provide a little variety to your images, chosen with you and your brand in mind.
I’ll provide gentle posing guidance but these images are about the real you, feeling relaxed and enjoying the session – so nothing too stiff or awkward I promise!
2-3 weeks after your session, you’ll receive an online secure gallery with your images from which you can choose your favourites. Once you place your order I’ll give them a final polish and deliver them to you within 2-3 days. Sized ready for your social media platform and as a high resolution file, you’ll be able to instantly download and share them.
Who are these session for?
A full personal branding session isn’t what you need right now and you’re looking for something affordable that won’t take too much time.
You’re looking for a handful of fresh headshots to connect with your audience. Whether that’s your perfect customer or with a dream employer and colleagues, these headshot mini sessions are the perfect opportunity to create authentic images which you’ll love to share.
Do I need professional hair and make up?
It’s not essential by any means. Take a look at the guide for tips for hair and make-up as you may feel more comfortable applying it yourself.
That said, it can be nice to have a little pamper and can also boost your confidence. If you’d like details of suppliers I’ve worked with (and used personally) drop me a line and I’ll send them over to you.
What should I wear?
In my guide, Vicky Booker Stylist has added some styling advise for headshot sessions which is really useful. If you would like some personal advice from Vicky she has put together a styling package to accompany these sessions and would love to hear from you.
Overall, the key thing is that you’re comfortable and that what you choose to wear is truly representative of you. To add variety to your images you are welcome to bring a change of top and maybe a jacket. Accessories work really well too.
When should I arrive?
Please aim to arrive 10 mins in advance of your session as unlike my full sessions, these will run back to back throughout the afternoon and any missed sessions cannot be refunded.
What happens in the event of bad weather?
The hotel indoor space will be unaffected by the weather so it’s not an issue if the weather takes a turn for the worst. It will rule out the opportunity of outdoor images in Priory Park so if this is essential for your session you may find a customised session with flexibility of rescheduling in the event of bad weather is a better fit.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please note that sessions cancelled less than 72 hours in advance are non-refundable as it is unlikely your slot will be filled at short notice.
- In the event of the hotel being closed due to Covid-19 restrictions an alternative session will be offered. If you are unable to attend the alternative session a full refund will be provided.
- In the event of the photographer having to cancel an alternative session will be offered or upgrade to a fully customised session if you prefer. A full refund will be offered if this is not suitable for you.
What COVID-19 precautions are being taken/do I need to take?
The hotel has put in place guidelines to keep everyone safe whilst on the premises.
- Please read all the signs and follow them.
- Do not attend if you or your household has symptoms
- Follow all government guidelines with social distancing
At present I am closely monitoring the daily changing Government guidelines and following their instructions accordingly.
- Wash/sanitise your hands prior to your session.
- Please contact me in advance of your session if you have any symptoms (cough, high temperature and feel unwell) or have been in contact with someone with the virus.If you are not feeling great please contact me as soon as possible. I know it’s disappointing but our health is what is most important.
- Prior to each session I will clean and sanitise my photography equipment and props.
- I always extend a warm welcome on meeting my clients, but for the time being this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact. It doesn’t mean I like you any less!!!
- I’ll use verbal cues and demonstrate rather than physically move you when it comes to posing. Don’t worry – I’m used to this!
- I will maintain my distance but will not be wearing a mask unless Governmental guidelines change as wearing a mask tends to inhibit my ability to communicate effectively with you to direct you with posting etc.
On the morning of your session you’ll receive an ‘Acceptance of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19’ link, please complete and return this prior to arriving at your session.
Can I order additional images?
Yes of course! You can order single images in addition to your 3 digital images included in your package. You can also choose to purchase bundles of 5, 10 and 15 images. You’ll enjoy a volume discount with these so they are great value if you’re looking for a few extra images (or simply just can’t choose)!