PREPARING FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS PHOTOGRAPHY MINI SESSION
To help you get the most from your Christmas mini session, here’s some information, links and preparation tips which I hope you’ll find useful. Scroll down to download your free guide’5 tips to make the most of your mini photography session’. So, grab a coffee and have a browse and if there’s anything else you want to ask, feel free to get in touch.
Babies – due to the time restrictions of mini sessions they are not suitable for children under 1 year of age.
Big Families – At present, all sessions are limited to 6 family members from the same household. You may like to book a full session once the pandemic restrictions allow a larger numbers to be photographed together.
Location Access – The barn is located directly from the parking area next to the farmhouse. It is literally steps away, paved and flat so easily accessible to all.
Time and Temperament – Mini sessions can be ideal for children who have shorter attention spans than us adults. Most children are eager to get started and I do my best to make them feel comfortable and to ensure we have a fun time. However, if you feel your child takes a little longer to warm up and, as we are limited to 30 minutes, you might want to consider a full session.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the farmhouse?
Almodington | Chichester
West Sussex | PO20 7LD
From the M27 a the Stockbridge roundabout, take the exit onto Stockbridge Road/A286.
After passing Premier Motorhomes on your right turn left onto Sidlesham Lane.
Continue straight onto Batchmere Road at the junction with Mapsons Lane (signposted Selsey).
Entering Almodington contine along and after passing Almodington Nurseries and then Biotecture both on your right take the second drive way on the left and you will have reached Poplars Farmhouse.
Please park with your bonnet facing the fence on the area on the right just before the barn.
Due to social distancing please leave enough room for the previous client to leave and remain in your car until we are ready for you.
How can I make a full day of our trip?
If you’re looking for refreshment either before or after your session there are a number of options locally: The Crab & Lobster at Sidlesham is well known for its seafood, while the Anchor Bleu in Bosham is an ancient inn full of charm and with delightful harbour views. The Crown & Anchor at Dell Quay has equally lovely views as well as a cosy indoor space for cooler weather.
Alternatively for a lighter bite, head to Billy’s on the Beach at Bracklesham or, for seafood lovers, buy that day’s catch of crab and lobster at Seley, head to the East Beach and try Julie’s Hut or Honest Bill’s.
Feeling active? Nothing better than an invigorating walk around East Head’s sand dunes at West Wittering or grab a take out coffee from Billy’s on the Beach and stroll along Bracklesham bay.
On a clear day it’s worth a trip to the ancient hill fort at the Trundle near Goodwood. Blow away the cobwebs and take in the stunning views of Bognor Regis, Chichester Harbour, the Isle of Wight and Portsmouth.
Feeling festive? Choose your own handmade wreath made on the premises at the farmhouse before visiting Russells Garden Centre (just 5 minutes away) where you can choose the perfect Christmas tree to take home. Light some candles, pour yourself a glass of your favourite tipple and spend the rest of the afternoon decorating your tree together. I don’t think you can get more festive than that!!
When should we arrive?
Please aim to arrive 10 minutes in advance of your session as unlike my full sessions, these will run back to back throughout the day and any missed sessions cannot be refunded.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please note that sessions cancelled less than 72 hours in advance are non-refundable as it is unlikely your slot will be filled at short notice.
- In the event of the photographer having to cancel an alternative session will be offered. A full refund will be offered if this is not suitable for you.
- Should I (Moira), you or anyone in your household exhibit Coronavirus symptoms or restrictions result in the sessions not going ahead, you will be offered the opportunity to transfer your booking to another mini session in 2021 or to upgrade to a full session. If neither is suitable you will be offered a full refund.
What COVID-19 precautions are being taken/do we need to take?
At present I am closely monitoring the daily changing Government guidelines and following their instructions accordingly.
- Wash/sanitise your hands prior to your session.
- Please contact me to reschedule your session if you have any symptoms (cough, high temperature and feel unwell) or have been in contact with someone with the virus.If you are not feeling great please contact me as soon as possible. I know it’s disappointing but our health is what is most important.
- Prior to each session I will clean and sanitise my photography equipment and props.
- I always extend a warm welcome on meeting my clients, but for the time being this welcome won’t be accompanied by a handshake or any other physical contact. It doesn’t mean I like you any less!!!
- Posing for photographs may take a little longer as wherever possible I’ll use verbal cues and demonstrate rather than physically move you. I may also need to direct parents to help position their children to avoid touching where possible.
- I will maintain my distance but will not be wearing a mask. We are outdoors with plenty of fresh air and wearing a mask tends to inhibit my ability to communicate effectively with you to direct you with posting etc. It’s not ideal but if you’d prefer me to wear one then please ask.
On the morning of your session you’ll receive an ‘Acceptance of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to COVID-19’ link, please complete and return this prior to arriving at your session.
What should we wear?
If you’re a pinterest user you may like to check out my Christmas pinterest board for more ideas. Generally I recommend co-ordinated but not matchy-matchy clothing. To add variety to your images, layers and accessories work really well too.
Weather permitting we will be photographing against the black shiplap cladding of the barn. Colours which will work really well against the dark background are greys, denims, neutrals (cream, beige), or contrast with reds and bolder shades. Avoid clothes which are completely black.
To achieve that hygge vibe choose comfy clothing using different textured fabrics such as fur and soft knits – they pair well with skinny jeans or this season’s fashion statement, the leather skirt or leggings.
Accessorise with scarves, wooly hats and boots.. TOP TIP don’t wear your hat to the shoot. We’ll mix things up a bit and shoot some images without hats at the beginning, so not wearing your hat first will avoid that ‘hat hair’ look. And if you’d rather not wear hats, that’s fine too!!
For girls: If you like tutu’s I can obtain these, just let know sizing and I’ll bring them along. These look great teamed with boots and a chunky jumper or fur gilet. Dresses and layers work beautifully too, as do dungarees and jeans.
For Boys: Denim, a simple shirt with the addition of braces and a cool trilby or cap is a classic and timeless look, or if you’re opting for something more hip I recommend checking out the latest Zara and Boden catalogues.
What happens in the event of bad weather?
Living in the UK this is a reasonable concern! However, it’s not essential to have bright sunlight – in fact, cloudy conditions provide a far more flattering light and enable a lot more flexibility during the session in terms of where the pictures are taken. In the event of rain we have access to the barn which is huge and well ventilated. If you have any concerns about using the barn please let me know in advance.
Can we order additional prints and products?
Yes of course! AND you’ll receive 40% discount against these when you order within 3 days of receiving your images. There are plenty of options to create the perfect gifts, but if you can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to ask.